Dr. Jacobs completed his pre-optometry studies at the University of Texas in Austin and received his Doctor of Optometry degree from the University of Houston, College of Optometry.
Dr. Jacobs has over 30 years of experience in the practice of optometry. This experience allows the patient to receive quality vision care in their eye examinations, diagnosing and treatment of eye disease, contact lens fitting and co-management of Lasik and cataract surgery.
Dr. Jacobs has served on numerous boards and committees some of which are listed below. Also listed are some of the honors and awards he has received.
- American Optometric Association
- Texas Optometric Association
- American Academy of Optometry
- Dallas County Optometric Society
Boards and Committee Experience
- Past President: North Texas Optometric Society
- Past President: Foundation for Education and Research in Vision
- Chairman: Texas Optometric Association Grievance and Public Relations Committee (presently serving)
- Board of Directors: Texas Optometric Association
- Board of Directors and Treasurer: American Optometric Foundation
- Examining Board Member: American Academy of Optometry
- Chairman: North Texas Optometric Study Group (presently serving)
Awards and Honors
- William D. Pittman Distinguished Service Award: Texas Optometric Association
- Optometrist of the Year: Texas Optometric Association
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Dallas County Optometric Society
- Fellow-American Academy of Optometry
- Paul Harris Fellow- Rotary International
- Mason, Scottish Rite 32nd Degree, KCCH, Shrine
- Dallas Trinity Rotary Club - Past president